Sunday, January 11, 2015

New Hobby Progress: Painted Space Wolves and Bullgryns


So I finally got motivated and got some hobby time this weekend.  I have a playdate next sunday, so have a new list to try and as such I have new and old models to paint.  Basically I am taking a force of Space Wolves and AM together.  I have six bullgryns who will have a wolf priest running with them for FnP (6+) and preferred enemy and fearless, and two demo squads in drop pods just for fun and to try it out.  Rest of the army is grey hunter squad, blood claws, rune priest, two infantry squads with ACs, a PCS with melta in a taurox, tank commander in exterminator, vendetta, wyvern.  Should be about it and covers most bases.



So I have had this dreadnought for about 2 years or so, its the black reach dreadnought, I kit bashed it throwing space wolf bits on it and got a new SW weapon arm so that I have the hellfrost cannon.  I think it turned out ok so far, def some touch up work to do, but its good enough for me for now.


And I just kept on painting once I got started.  First bullgryn completed, used him as my test for the colors to see if I liked it, wanted to keep them similar to my IG armies color scheme.  Basic green and brown with the rest detail colors.  The rest of the bullgryns are based and have the green on them, tomorrow I will do the brown and start on the detail.



And last is my kit bashed wolf priest.  I had some space wolf bits and bought the dark angel special chaplain to get the crozius and skull helm.  I tried making a wolf skull helm, but it turned out like shit so I am just keeping the standard skull helm, oh well.  He is the last on the to do list for this next weekend, and since he's mostly black anyways, its mainly detail work.  So I can rush him if I need to :).

I found a vindicator sprue, so I might make a rhino and swap the taurox in the list if I can build it in time, we'll see, it'll most likely be for a later game.  Either way, hoping I'll be getting back into the swing of things.

GG

9 comments:

  1. Why not make a Vindicator? That thing is like a baseball bat! Kind of like a Leman Russ demolisher but more subtle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you've decided to use a Demolisher Cannon (an excellent choice in my mind) you've left any version of subtle behind my good friend.

      Remember: Subtle plans are simply not simple enough. Go big.

      Delete
    2. I have an old vindicator, but I don't have a rhino so I need it more than another vindicator

      Delete
  2. Man those bulgryns really grown on you. What cool models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That they have, they are pricey, but they bring some good benefits to the army and have good survivability to make them usable. With a little support they can become very good.

      Delete
  3. Toughness 5 AND 3 wounds... These things can kill marines like its some kind of joke. Fir em with power mauls and a shield and assault terminators are in serious trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. plus having a 3+ save when base to base and providing a cover bonus to other units. They are no joke.

      Delete
  4. I had a unit of 3 bullgryns wipe out a unit of Necron Warriors and Obyron recently, using a 25 point Ministorum Priest singing warhymns.

    It was insane.

    ReplyDelete